Thursday, February 28, 2013

ARTSING UPDATE

I've been commissioned for a few projects lately but I haven't been updating much on any of them, sadly. But when things start rolling out with them, I'll blog more about them here! In the meantime though, here are a few practice sketches I'd made sometime in the past month!


Above: Duck ship!
Air-based, but mobile in water too- I'm thinking
possibly used for cargo or construction...


Above: More animal-inspired designs!
Scout ships, and a floating island of rock and water..



Above: Character designs for a rodent-based species.
Skilled in scavenging and metallurgy, they built a culture dependent
on craftsmanship and trade. Though their small form is undermined by many,
they hold their own in battles and political alliances.



Above: A Persona design, based on the Shishi (Chinese Guardian Lions)
(This was for a comic)


Above: (Top) Color practice using a photo ref. (Bottom) Photo ref of a cosplayer.
(No color-picking involved!)

I've been trying to expand my portfolio, so I'll be posting some more WIPs and practice sketches on my blog and tumblr.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... A friend of mine met you at Otakon this past year. He told me you were good and recommended your blog, but this is amazing! I especially like your rodent design here and how you even came up with a bit of a back story for them. Do they have a name and have you developed them further?

    ReplyDelete