Saturday, April 14, 2012

ANIME BOSTON 2012

For Anime Boston this year, I was...

Above: MIKU representing McMaster! MIKU-MASTER! :)
Items carried: Pliers, duct tape, small hex key set, welding gloves, measuring tape

It's an updated rendition of my fan-Miku I drew a while back! Remember this?

Above: Draft fan MikuMaster from some time ago.

The gears on the top of my head were designed and 3D-printed by Charles ([ETOTHEIPIPLUSONE]) and they look super cool! They also weighed nothing and were relatively easy for a third party to snap on. Here's an amateur close up shot after they've been attached:

Above: During actual convention day, I had the wig on BEFORE I put on the gears.

Picture time! I had lots of fun posing with anything remotely mechanical looking thing or person, and ended up taking a lot of servicing shots. Here's a select few:

Above two: Posing with Team Fortress Engineers!

Above: Current meter actually came in handy??

Above: Always more duct tape.

Above: Ezio!
Fixing...

Above: Cool steampunk outfit?
...fixing...

Above: Chell and her portal gun!
...more fixing!

I also managed to find cosplays of 2 of my favorite strong-women-type characters! (The only 2 I've seen so far!) From Avatar: Legend of Korra and Seirei no Moribito, I present...


Above: KORRA and BALSA. SCORE!

All in all, Anime Boston was a much needed break from everything else in my life right now. And now that AB is over, it's back to the grind for me! There's sadly only a few weeks left...

I leave with a tip: Even if you're in a crunch for time, don't EVER (ever!) make something on a breadboard that's as messy as what I'm about to show you. It makes debugging......SO DIFFICULT.

Above: ................never again.

1 comment:

  1. huh! Out of all of the times that I've looked for photos that people have of my cosplays...I missed this one (6 years ago, I know). Chell and the portal bun

    ReplyDelete